Many Local Planning Authorities are overstretched or don’t have in-house expertise in relation to energy and sustainability. Blewburton can help by offering bespoke support designed to meet your needs.
Our consultants are experienced at working with LPAs in a range of areas including:
- reviewing planning applications in relation to energy and sustainability
policies and advising case officers if the strategy complies with policy
- negotiating with applicants to find targets which are realistic for the
- attending PPA meetings and providing advise related to specific policies
- updating, developing and implementing new policies
- creating tools, checklists of reference documents to be used by
applicants or case officers
- delivering training
We offer a flexible approach and can tailor our services to fit your needs. This could include inhouse or remote support, assigned days in-house or ad-hoc support and billing the LPA or applicants. As qualified energy and BREEAM assessors we are ideally placed to advise case officers on achievable targets whilst ensuring developments strive for excellence.
Examples of our consultants’ work can be found here:
Planning and policy case studies
Blewburton Limited completed a substantial piece of consultancy work for Wycombe District Council, providing an evidence base to inform the development of its planning policy, aimed at encouraging sustainable construction and the deployment of renewable and low carbon technologies.